BEE Requirements as from the 1 May 2015.
Please take note that the BEE legislation changed on 1 May 2015, stating that the only requirement for an Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME) in the General (includes construction), Tourism, MAC, ICT and CA Sector, is a sworn Affidavit and no longer a BEE certificate.
If you fall under any of the other sector codes you will require a BEE Certificate, because these sectors have not yet been alligned with the new BEE Codes.
Please find Sectoral Charters below.
Turnover Threshold - R 10 million:
- General Sector (Construction sector is included here) - BEE Affidavit
- CA (Chartered Accountants) - BEE Affidavit
- MAC (Media, Advertising and Communication) - BEE Affidavit
- ICT (Information and Communication Technology) - BEE Affidavit
- Forestry - BEE Affidavit
- Property (Service Based) - BEE Affidavit
Turnover Threshold - R5 million:
- Tourism - BEE Affidavit
- Agriculture - BEE Certificate
- FSC (Financial Sector) - BEE Certificate
- Transport - BEE Certificate
Other: (requires a BEE Affidavit)
- Property (Asset Based) - Turnover Threshold R80 million
- Property (Estate Agents/Brokers) - Turnover Threshold R2.5 million
Please be aware that the BEE levels for the affidavit have also changed.
If you were previously a Level 3, you will now be rated a Level 1 or 2 on your BEE Affidavit
(depending on the percentage of black ownership and your industry).
On receipt of all relevant documents, as listed above, we will reply to your email to confirm receipt, or ask for additional information.
Once we have confirmed that everything is correct it takes approximately 24hrs to issue you with the BEE EME Affidavit.
Please note that if you submit the day before a public holiday or a weekend, the turnaround time does not include public holidays or weekends.
We are currently members of the Institute of Accounting & Commerce (The principle director JN Basson are registered with practice number AO652993) & South African Institute of Tax Practitioners.
Simply complete the enquiry form below and one of our BEE Consultants will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please complete the contact form below or contact us directly on:
Tel: 021 987 1288
Contact Form: Simply enter your details and we will contact you:
Simply complete the enquiry form below and one of our consultants will contact you on how we can provide assistance.