So why is it so important to renew your BEE Certificate? The biggest reason is that you have to keep your BEE Certificate up to date to make sure that your status is correct up to that year.
So anyone that has a BEE Certficate, but it's from 3 or 4 years ago, make sure that you get that updates immediately.
In the current economic circumstances in South Africa, it is crucial for any business, large or small to have a BEE Certificate. With the current BEE policies in place, it is of the utmost importance for any company to apply or renew their bee certificate.
So how do you renew your BEE Certificate?
To apply for a BEE Certificate, we are going to require the following:
Company Registration documents;
- Full set of company documents.
ID's of all directors/members;
Proof of annual turnover (please make use of ONE of the following):
(only for businesses that have been registered for more than 12 months)
- Latest Financial Statements (2017);
- Bank statements for the past 12 months;
- Letter from a registered accountant.
SIGNED Shareholder certificates for all shareholders (if your company is a (Pty) Ltd):
- Signed Share certificates as issued with your company registration documents;
- In the event that you were not issued with share certificates, we can assist you in compiling them. Ask us to provide you with a quote for this service.
An Affidavit declaring your industry (please see the sectoral charters below)
- You may do an Affidavit at the bank, police station or post office to declare what your business does and what industry it will fall under.
On receipt of all relevant documents, as listed above, I will reply to your email to confirm receipt, or ask for additional information.
Once I have confirmed that everything is correct it takes approximately 24hrs to issue you with the BEE Certificate.
Please note that if you submit the day before a public holiday or a weekend, the turnaround time does not include public holidays or weekends.
Turnover Threshold - R 10 million:
- General Sector (Construction sector is included here) - BEE Affidavit
- CA (Chartered Accountants) - BEE Affidavit
- MAC (Media, Advertising and Communication) - BEE Affidavit
- ICT (Information and Communication Technology) - BEE Affidavit
- Forestry - BEE Affidavit
- Property (Service Based) - BEE Affidavit
Turnover Threshold - R5 million:
- Tourism - BEE Affidavit
- Agriculture - BEE Certificate
- FSC (Financial Sector) - BEE Certificate
- Transport - BEE Certificate
Other: (requires a BEE Affidavit)
- Property (Asset Based) - Turnover Threshold R80 million
- Property (Estate Agents/Brokers) - Turnover Threshold R2.5 million
Please note that EME BEE Certificates are no longer available for companies with an annual turnover of less than R10 000 000. EME BEE Certificates have been replaced with BEE Affidavits and we are able to assist you with a BEE Affidavit for R180.
For QSE and GE B-BBEE Solutions, click here to find out more.
A QSE or Qualifying Small Enterprise is defined as a company whose turnover is between R10 Million and R50 Million.
A GE or Generic Enterprise is defined as a company whose turnover exceeds R50 Million.
We are currently members of the Institute of Accounting & Commerce (The principle director JN Basson are registered with practice number AO652993) & South African Institute of Tax Practitioners.
Simply complete the enquiry form below and one of our BEE Consultants will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please complete the enquiry form below or contact us directly on:
Tel: 021 987 1288
Simply complete the enquiry form below and one of our consultants will contact you on how we can provide assistance.